Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ready, Set, GO!

Last night I ran my first 5K since we moved to Searcy. I was registered to run one last year and I pulled a muscle in my leg the week before the race so I couldn't do it.

This race was for the Children's Services Center in Searcy and it benefited abused children. It was called the Light Up The Streets 5K and it was at night. The race path was lined with glowing balloons and markers and all the runners had glow necklaces and bracelets on. They had a DJ at the start/finish line and they were serving hot chocolate. It was a bit chilly outside but it was a lot of fun!



Before the race. Austin had a preteen D-Now weekend at church this weekend and they stayed up until 3:00 that morning so he was a little grumpy. :)


Still waiting on the race to start.

Kamden drinking his hot chocolate while waiting on me to pass by.


Watching for mom.


About to cross the finish line!!


I finished in 31:37 which is a 10:12 mile. I placed 12th in my age group out of 43 and overall I was 62nd out of about 500.

No comments:

Post a Comment