Monday, November 5, 2012

The Accident

Friday started out as a great day. The boys were out of school, Heath came home early from spending the week in Tulsa and we were all just hanging out. Heath decided to wash my car and I got the golf cart out for Austin to drive around the neighborhood. We were each doing our own thing and then it happened...Kamden had his first motor vehicle accident! He wrecked the golf cart! Austin was watching him out his window of his room and he came to me and said "Momma, Kamden just wrecked the golf cart and knocked down Mr. Brad's mailbox!" By the time I got downstairs, Kamden was in the house almost in tears and scared to death. Thankfully, it didn't hurt him. The golf cart is ok but the mailbox... not so much.

Heath talked to the neighbor and told him we'd pay for it to be fixed. He wasn't upset about it. Last week, his daughter did the same thing to the brick columns at the entrance of our subdivision with her car.

Why was a 6 year old driving the golf cart alone, you ask? Because his father gave him permission! Heath's response was "it was just up our dead end street and I thought you had let him drive it before." Umm, NO! I barely let Austin drive without me and he's 10.

So, chalk that up as a lesson learned. As my Paw Paw Teet always said 'those bought lessons are the best ones".

According to Kamden, "their mailbox should have been in their yard!" LOL

1 comment: