Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow, Snow and More Snow

Monday night and Tuesday we had a blizzard that brought record amounts of snow to Tulsa. It started with rain/sleet and quickly turned to a blizzard. We ended up with 15 inches of snow!!! However, the wind was blowing SO badly on Tuesday as it was snowing and we have some drifts in our backyard that are waist high. School has been canceled for the rest of the week and even our basketball game on Saturday has been canceled.


This is taken from our front door.

One of the snow drifts in our backyard. It was taller than Kamden!

Here is Austin attempting to shovel with his redneck snow shovel (aka garden shovel). Thankfully one of our neighbors let us borrow a real one.

And here is Heath beginning the LONG process of shoveling part of our driveway. Here the snow was up to his knees. It took him hours to get a path for his truck to get out. He is hoping he gets to go back to work tomorrow. He doesn't do too well being confined to the house for days. Now me, on the other hand, I could stay here for a month and it wouldn't bother me a bit.
Look at all the piles of snow we've been shoveling!

Cowboy Kamden riding Max the snow bull!

'Max' doubles as a snow slide also. :)

I have NEVER seen this much snow in my life!!! I have to say, it has been fun! I'm sure I'll have more pictures since it will probably be months before these massive piles of snow melt.

1 comment: