Sunday, May 31, 2009

What a day!

Today was a very emotional day for me. It was our last Sunday at our church. Goodbyes are ALWAYS hard. Our pastor had us stand at the front of the church for everyone to come by and tell us 'goodbye and give their well wishes'. As most of you already know, we have met some awesome people here in Tyler and I really hate to leave them behind. We are really going to miss them! Last night our Sunday School class gave us a goodbye dinner at a cajun restaurant here in Tyler. It was about 25 of us and we had a really great time visiting with everyone without having to chase all the children around!

On a happy note, we listed our house on the market here in Tyler on Tuesday. It showed twice and by Saturday night we had an offer. They accepted our counter-offer and we signed a contract today. It was only on the market 4 days and had not even been advertised in the paper yet. We, of course, give God ALL the glory! That really gave us a peace to know that we are doing what God wants us to and he is paving the way for us. Isn't He good?

Daddy, momma, maw-maw Sue and Chuck came by today on their way home from a weekend at Canton and we sent the boys home with them for 1 whole week! I still can't believe we let them go. I am lost already! The movers are coming tomorrow to pack everything so we figured it was best to have them out of the house so they could work. Hopefully I will have most everything unpacked at the new house before they come back (to their new home). We will be leaving Tyler on Wednesday for the last time until we come back to visit.

Our new address:

16303 E. 47th Pl
Tulsa, OK 74134

I will let you know when we get our phone number but for now just call my cellphone:
(903)330-7708. I plan to keep that number.

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing to sell your house so quickly in this housing market. That does help you feel assurance that you are following God's direction. Having moved a couple of times, I understand how difficult goodbyes are. I hope you have found a new church home in Tulsa already. Getting involved in a new church will make the transition easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad I wasn't there to say goodbye, but I probably would've cried so maybe it was best.

    ReplyDelete