Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"I want my daddy!"

How many times a day do I hear this? About 50 and it's not just a in a quiet, sweet little voice-oh no, it's crying loudly "I want my daddy!" This is Kamden I am talking about and lately he even does it while he is sleeping! He told me today "I don't want to go to school (mother's day out) I want to go home and rest a litlle bit". Can you believe he actually said that? Not that I really believed he wanted to rest-yeah right! I really do feel sorry for him but some days I think I need to send him to Tulsa and let Heath get a nanny. But then, I would go crazy without him running around here. I mean look at this sweet little face-who could resist?



Austin, on the other hand, is doing fine. He gets to sleep with me a couple of nights a week so that keeps him happy. He has started playing basketball on Saturday mornings and of course, he loves it! Notice I said mornings- the games are at 8:00 and the coach wants us there at 7:40 therefore we get up earlier on Saturdays than school days! Heath came home last weekend and got to watch him play. He scored 2 points and he was thrilled! He does actually play pretty good on defense now his offense could use a little more practice but he will get there.



You know us moms always have to brag so here it goes: We have the Awana program at church on Wednesday nights and the kids have to learn scripture to get their rewards to go on their vest/uniform they wear. Well, Austin has been learning the books of the Old Testament. This week he will be saying ALL 39! I am so proud of him because as you know not many adults can pronounce let alone recite the books of the Old Testament. Way to go, Austin!!



3 comments:

  1. It takes weeks for my high school kids to learn the Old Testament! I'm really impressed! Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes our T&T boys forever to learn theirs. And they usually break it up into 2 sections. Go Austin. Poor little Kamden. You can bring him to my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww... Poor little guy! Good job Austin!

    ReplyDelete